Monday, June 20, 2011

Update

We are anchored off Naked Island in Prince William Sound, the area I worked my way through Architecture school in as a diver. The island has a cell tower on it, so I called Gary Wood, the Pactor Expert in California, and he said to clean my contacts at the antenna. I did and now it worked, but I am very suspicious because it all looked pretty clean. My ground to the keel bolt is more suspect in my mind, so if this isn't the solution I'll try cleaning that up. I am also grounded to the engine though, and that looks pristine.

We are leaving Naked Island for Knight Island tomorrow working our way down to the Southeast corner of the sound preparatory to departing for Seward around the first to the third of July. Frannie wants to be in Seward for the fourth of July. Two days ago we visited the Columbia Glacier but were unable to get very close because there is so much ice right now. Had to navigate for several hours through brash ice and growlers to get to our present anchorage. Saw the absolute bluest of blue ice ever. I think the light must have just been perfect.

So far this summer we've seen 8 mountain goats, 2 killer whales, 13 brown bears, 2 minke whales, 38 Sitka deer, 48 humpback whales, 1 black bear,1 river otter, too many eagles, sea otters, harbor porpoises, stellar sealions to count and our first three mosquitoes.

No comments: